Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Iris Nebula NGC 7023 DSLR

Quatermass

Nice to go back to old targets with my upgraded canon 1000D and an HEQ5. Did this one several years ago now unguided with short subs only but thought I would try it again with guided subs of 5 mins to see what difference it makes, this was a total of 25 x 5 min subs guided at an ISO of 400 with the usual dark's flats and bias shots. It makes a difference doing longer subs for sure but not an amazing difference just gives a little bit more detail to work with. I guess that  also depends on the subject matter as well,my Pelican nebula would not have been possible with out longer subs. Any way enjoying using my HEQ5 mount and this new camera a great deal. :grin:

Iris%2BNebula%2B2014%2Bmaster%2Bimage.jp

Very nice mate :)

I havnt been out since March thanks to weather and being mad busy getting a job as a Postman and joining the Army Reserves so had no time for playing.

This will change very soon and can't wait to get out again!

Glad to see your still getting some quality images :)

Hi Lee good to hear from you mate :-) A postman hey that will keep you fit. I have been enjoying using the heq5 mount and my upgraded canon 1000d when we get a clear night now looking forward to the return of Orion and all the winter favourites. Hope to see some images from you soon.

Archived