NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sub length and ISO settings for moon, and also star trails?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, 200P Dob is arriving today!

The skies may be clear early tomorrow morning around 6am, when the moon will be high in the sky (although there won't be much of it). So could anyone suggest an ISO and sub length for 1100D through the 200P for a crescent moon?

Also, I intend to buy a camping mat to create a dew shield, which I assume I will be able to just slide onto the scope. But what kind of dew shield length can I get away with beyond the scope, before it starts to interfere with the image/view?

Yey box unwrapping :-)

Related Read here

I myself would use iso100 to start and sub length try it and see hard to suggest as my scopes don't collect any where near that level of light but look to go on the side of under exposing.

Did you order your t ring and did you go for a nose cone adapter too?

Scope's arrived, but weather forecast isn't great for tomorrow before dawn, so won't be photographing the moon just yet.

I ordered a t-ring and collimation cap, and that's it for now. Oh, and bought a sleeping mat to make a dew shield. Just need to put it together now!

Archived