45 degree Dob view!

OK folks, they're selling tickets for the hanging ...

Public humiliation is not pleasant but it appears that is what I must accept! I humbly thank all who have responded (even the cheeky ones!) -and especially Charic, who went the extra mile via PM - and do hereby promise to admit that I am a daft old duffer when prompted.

I must accept, hard though it is, that I have misplaced my mind and convinced myself I've seen something which I have not.

If apologies are in order, then please accept them - in triplicate. I was not being mischievous or capricious; just glaikit! Even if you have never seen that word before, I'm sure you can work out that it doesn't mean clever ...

Over and out.

p.s. At least I know my scope's working as it should.

This thread was a good read and it is encouraging that so many members were engaged to try and resolve.

Mark

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no apology required and no need to feel humiliated... there is a lot to learn in this hobby and you're never going to get anywhere of you don't ask questions - I have asked a few crackers in my time on here! As the expression goes, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Just promise to continue the tradition and pass on whatever knowledge you gain without laughing _too_ hard at some of the things you see!

Really glad you got it sorted and I hope you get lots of use out of your scope,

James.

All the fun of the forum, always  a pleasure to help and be helped.

So now  we don't have to meet so soon, however,  looking at your EP collection, It would be interesting to try them in the 8" Skyliner,   Just  for the experience you know,   and maybe  see if one  can be dragged away from the great value, and quality, that is  my  BST's. 

Now we all know a Rolls Royce and a Fiat Panda will accept fuel and drive from A to B, and arrive at the same time, but which would you prefer if given the option. At the end of the Day, an EP is only as good as the telescope that supplies the image, and ultimately the users own eyes. Now my eyes are getting  much older,   and short sighted, and don't have the youthful 20/20 vision I was previously afforded, its all a matter of taste when it comes to EP's  Would I see an improvement with these eyes  using  the TV's or just stay contented with the BST's. Only eye can decide?  (pun intended!)

It's the position you're standing in relation to the scope/focuser. If you stand behind the focuser, then stand beside the focuser and then move in front of it (in relation to the tube) the image seams to rotate as you're standing in diferent places.

I have noticed this when testing EPs in day time.

Archived