NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

9x50 raci

Hi all

Just got my new toys, a Rigel quickfinder and 9x50 raci. . will be a few weeks before I get to use them as got some time away planned where the skies are good.

Few questions on the raci...

1. The cross hairs don't appear to be aligned horizontally and vertically like + but more angled like an x. Is this normal?

2. The end of the finder scope has an adjustment ring and the whole end piece appears to twist, I.e can tighten and loosen it . what's this for? Is it a focus ring?

3. The mount has 2 black screws and a silver one. The silver one does not seem to have any thread. . I take it I just adjust the black ones to align the finder to my scope?

Thanks in advance!

Craig

Sounds identical to my Orion one.

So

1, Yep my crosshairs are a X too

2, Yep, focus by loosen ring, turn objective to focus, lock with ring

3, Yep, align with the two black ones. The silver is some kind of quick release but haven't really used it yet as I only got mine recently too!

Full house!

Hope this helps :)

That's a great combination. To answer your questions

1. Yes that is normal

2. Yes it's to allow you to focus the finder. Once you have it in focus it shouldn't need adjusting again.

3. The silver bolt contains a sprung tensioner which counteracts the two black screws so, yes, you just use the black screws.

Richard

Cheers. . I'm sure once I get it fitted and have a play it will all be straight forward.

Any tips on the Rigel? Best place to fit it?

Dealer's choice really. I had mine up front next to the RACI, & before that on it's own on the mounting plate (on my old scope) - I say had only because I was looking at another RDF. You'll be using the sticky pads? Just put it somewhere you have a clear & easy view. YMMV but I found the flashing distracting & just left it solid, but dimmer/brighter as req'd...great little thing. Think I just talked myself into keeping it after all :)

If the Orion & SW are the same, the crosshairs are not adjustable AFAIK....

And good question - I've only fitted mine today (had it boxed for awhile, lol, so only played with it). I figure on my skies, which rarely if ever qualify as 'Dark' with a capital D, the X will be fine.

Archived