NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Eudiascopic ED eyepieces

John

I note with interest that First Light Optics are now stocking the Baader Eudiascopic eyepieces in 2 focal lengths, 10mm and 35mm.

My understanding is that these eyepieces are the same as the no longer availble Celestron Ultima and Orion (USA) Ultrascopic ranges. I've owned a number of these (the Celestron and Orion branded ones) in the past and found them excellent eyepieces, certainly rivalling Tele Vue plossls :smiley:

The 35mm has a huge eye lens for a 1.25" eyepiece and it manages to retain an apparent field of 49 degrees which will show as much sky as a 1.25" eyepiece can.

Nice Japanese glass :smiley:

I like these eyepiece also John.  They have a quality about them which puts them ahead of the countless run of the mill plossl.  I have a celestron ultima 7.5mm which is very good and an antares elite and for me they match the best.

andrew

Archived