NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Installing SharpCap Error

I am attempting to install version 2.1.1049.0 on Windows 7. AFTER I see "Please wait" and perhaps after 80% on the installing blue line, I get the message -> "Object already exists."  This occurs whether this is a FIRST install or 10th install.

Please advise if you have any questions needing answers prior to a possible fix.

Looking around it seems you could try cleaning up your registry using something like cc cleaner. This error is not unique to Sharcap, it can happen when installing (or more commonly re-installing) a program. Or, (this is something I would try first) you could go back to a restore point from some time back and try again.

Use the free version of REVO uninstaller. It will run the program's normal uninstaller and after that it does a search for all the program's registry items and any files that were left behind. When it finds leftovers it will prompt you to remove them.

If the problem persists, try REVO in it's most aggressive mode.

If you still cannot install after all this, there might be something wrong with the installation package you are trying to run.

Thank all of you for your assistance in trying to assist in getting to install SharpCap. I have removed CCleaner and tried both MS's remover as well as Revo with no change. I am still getting what I first noted in my first post above. The message is coming from SharpCap, but I have no idea why. I, also, tried installing older versions of SharpCap, but with the same results. ANY IDEAS ???

Try the following:

Restart machine

Open Windows Task Manager and kill any processes relating to Sharpcap (probably won't be any)

Install and run CCleaner, if Sharpcap exists in the installed programs list, uninstall it.

Run a full system clean, and then registry clean, then check startup items to make sure nothing is lurking in there

Restart windows

In Windows Explorer, delete any folders or files for sharpcap e.g. under the Program Files (x86) or Program Files directories

Download and run Revo Uninstaller to cleanup all traces of the program/installation/uninstallation

Run CCleaner again to properly empty recycle bins, temp files etc.

Now have another go at the Sharpcap installation and let us know how you get on.

good luck

Chris

Archived