NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Yorkshire Dales Milky Way

Hi

I took this just half a mile to the north of Reeth in the Yorkshire Dales at the end of July.  I am pleased with it but am sure I can improve.

It's a 30 second exposure, ISO 3200, F3.5.  I adjusted the curves in GIMP so may have introduced excess noise, along with the noise which was present due to the high ISO.  Also, I forgot to shoot in RAW, so the original is JPG.  Apart from these learnings, does anyone have any tips, please?

Thanks, Dave

Use the Full Editor, or the More Reply Options button.

Use the Choose Files button at the bottom.

Upload.

Then click into your post at the location where you want the pic to appear and then click Add To Post.

Your pic' should now appear in the body of your post after hitting Submit, rather than just a downloadable attachment.

But keep the file size down, 45mb is way too high, even your 10mb file might get bounced depending on your Internet connection speed.

On this and other forums, for embedded images I try to keep files at 3mb max or if not possible provide a download link through Photobucket, Mediafire, DropBox or some such.

Then the user can choose and I don't gum up the forum servers.

hth

Rich

Archived