Edmund Optics

bomberbaz

I have never come accross these before and just wondered if anyonee has and could shed some light on them

The orthoscopics look pretty basic http://www.edmundoptics.co.uk/microscopy/eyepieces/orthoscopic-eyepieces/2070

These precision eyepieces look really posh although I am not sure if they are meant for astronomy as part of the sales is asking if you need a prescription http://www.edmundoptics.co.uk/microscopy/eyepieces/edmund-optics-rke-precision-eyepieces/2075  However like I say they do look nice

Anybody?

Steve

The name Edmund has been around for decades Steve. The orthos are re-badged Circle-T''s which are much discussed on here and the RKE's are a clever variation on the Kellner design I believe - popular in the USA for those who have F/8 or slower scopes.

the orthos there are similar to Circle T and should be good if you are fan of orthos.

RKEs are Rank Kellner eyepiece.Performance wise better then a normal Kelner,plossl will outperform it.Good on slow scopes from F7 upwards,not a good idea for fast scopes .Very generous eye relief on RKE.Aparently the 28mm is very good and a lot people like them.

Yeah I found another website in US after posting this.

Have to say the Kelner copies do look very nice but its the performance that matters although tbh wasn't actually looking to get one, just more curious than anything. Thanks for the replies chaps.  :smiley:

Archived