NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

C8 Top mounting rail for AA finder guider

Could SGL members give me some guidance on mounting my 10x60 AA finder guider on top of the C8 & maybe incorporating the 45x200mm i already have.

Also advice for an OAG i could use with the C8 & my triplet.

Thankyou.

post-11075-0-73234600-1408173812_thumb.p

I use the mini dovetail system from ADM see: http://admaccessories.com/ on my C8.  Currently there is a rail and spacers for a C8 available on astrobuysell for £50.

You would then need a pair of matching dovetail clamps which you could attach to the bottom of the rail you have your guidescope rings attached to.  You can then simply slide it on and off the C8 and move it back and forth to achieve balance (easier than moving the C8).

You could also attach a small ADM bar to the top of your triplet to allow you to quickly move the guidescope between it and the C8.  I have ADM rails on top of my refractor too.  Quite a lot of the ADM stuff is available from sellers here but Antony Davoli at ADM is very helpful and I have ordered items directly from him before.

My early attempts using an OAG put me off as I found it very hard to find a suitable guidestar.  I still have one and want to experiment again with it but with so few good opportunities to get on with imaging I always put it off.  I'm sure other members will be able to give you some good advice - and a search through past topics would probably turn something up too.

Archived