NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

So when i upgrade my mount...

Dave_D

I'll have no choice but to sell my current mount. It's a real trouper but just not up to carrying a 10" newt for the kind of imaging i hope to achieve. So basically, i'm wondering what could i get for a Vixen GP with EQ5 synscan upgrade? it's had some serious use in the past but is mechanically sound.

Was hoping to put something like a 130pds on it but y'know... wallet will be a bit malnourished for a decade or two...

even a well used one isn't cheap and will most likely need some parts to get it up to scratch

don't think it needs anything doing to it, mount works brilliantly when there's no breeze, then the scope acts like a sail... which is why i need an upgrade. here's a typical phd graph. nothing shabby about that. that's just with using the polar scope after i realigned it, didn't even bother with alignmaster.

14704249387_ec3e23e41e_o_zps47740a16.png

Archived