Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AZ-EQ 6GT control by MacBook Pro

kerrylewis

I posted in the mounts section but got no response - perhaps this is a better location? I'm getting a MacBook Pro and I wonder if anyone uses one to control an AZ-EQ6 GT. If so which software package do you use and what is needed to connect the two?

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

I use my Mac but run all my kit through Windows 7 using Boot Camp and Parallels.

My only main issue I have at the moment is memory, i run my system using 4GB but definitely needs another 4 to run smoothly I reckon.  One of those upgrades I have not got around to yet... :grin:

I'm pretty sure there are users on here who actually use OSX to run their mounts, it just doesn't do what I want so PC it is.

I still do all my processing on the Mac using PixInsight though.

You could look at OzDave's EQMac ? There's also INDI too.

I use my own software for live unguided captures but have a window install on the mac mini for PHD + nebulosity 2 captures for long exposures (at the time no packages supported ATIK on the mac).

I also use pixinsight on the mac - I have an i7 MBP with 16GB of ram for processing but also because I'm developing software on it.

Archived