Vixen Barlow

Lupus

l am looking for the vixen barlow. they have 2 different one. the T and DX. Dx is much expensive than the other one.  i can't find any source about these 2 barlows. how much different are they? all i found is the DX has multi coated and 3 element lens. what are these? please someone explain this to me. thank you!!!!

Hello Lupus, welcome to this forum. Multicoated usually  means that all the lens surfaces have been coated, a three lens Barlow can be expected to offer slightly better performance than a two lens item, hence the extra cost. All Vixen items are good quality.  :smiley: 

Do you think i should go for the vixen Barlow T lens which the cheaper one or the multi coated one? i really wanna see how different it is because the price is 4 times than the DX one.

If you have the funds, I heartily recommend the Tele Vue 3x Barlow. Probably the best accessory I've bought along with the Rigel Quickfinder. The TV Barlow just oozes quality...

3x would that be hard to see? the problem of vibration? my OTA aperture is only 4". fol 1035mm. is it going to be problem? can you upload the pic of your barlow u have? 

3x would that be hard to see? the problem of vibration? my OTA aperture is only 4". fol 1035mm. is it going to be problem? can you upload the pic of your barlow u have?

No problem on seeing using my wider eps with the TV (30 to 15 say). I use it a lot. Vibration? Nope, not really noticed that with my tabletop 4.5" baby Dob. Sorry, I don't have a pic right now. Should be easy enough to google an image. And it's not as expensive as that £119 Vixen, at least when I bought mine. Think mine was £80ish.

Currently TV barlows are around the £80 mark from eg. the widescreen centre

http://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk/Catalogue/Tele_Vue_Barlow_Lenses.html

you could probably get a pre-loved one for around £50-60 from the classifieds section or Astrobuysell.com/uk

I have a Tal Barlow and for the price (around £30) it is excellent.

Ben

you guys are informative. now i am struggling which one is best for me. it seems TV barlow lens is better than the vixen barlow DX lens. i am thinking to get it. 2x, 3x, big lens and powermate? i am newbie. don't know which one is good to me. this is my first barlow lens. i dont wanna choose the wrong one. plz help!!!

you guys are informative. now i am struggling which one is best for me. it seems TV barlow lens is better than the vixen barlow DX lens. i am thinking to get it. 2x, 3x, big lens and powermate? i am newbie. don't know which one is good to me. this is my first barlow lens. i dont wanna choose the wrong one. plz help!!!

I just did

Steve

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-eyepieces/skywatcher-ed-deluxe-2x-two-inch-barlow-lens.html

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-eyepieces/skywatcher-deluxe-2x-barlow.html

These are the 2 Barlows I use.

Steve

Archived