SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Photo Request

wallis23

Hi. I'm not sure if i can request photos here, so if i can't, Mods, please feel free to delete.

I know this is a big ask, but i wondered if someone would be kind enough to post a pic of Andromeda and our 2nd closest Galaxy. Incedently, what is the name of our 2nd closest Galaxy?

A billion thanks in advance to anyone who is brave enough to try and photograph the 2nd closest galaxy, and indeed even Andromeda. Thanks!

P.S. I won't be at all disappointed if no one wants to photograph the targets i've requested, just thought i'd ask... Thanks.

I know this is a big ask, but i wondered if someone would be kind enough to post a pic of Andromeda and our 2nd closest Galaxy. Incedently, what is the name of our 2nd closest Galaxy?

Well one and two will be (in some order) the Magellenic Clouds. Though there's the Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy as well. Andromeda is at least 4th, if not lower...

EDIT: It could be a long way lower in the list : I think closest could be the Canis Major Dwarf galaxy (prize to anyone who images that one!), and thus second is the Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy. 3rd the LMC, 4th the SMC, and then off to the rest of the members of the local group, including: Ursa Minor Dwarf, Draco Dwarf, Carina Dwarf, Sextans Dwarf, Sculptor Dwarf, Fornax Dwarf, Leo I, Leo II, Tucana Dwarf, and Ursa Major Dwarf.

M31 is certainly the closest large galaxy, followed by M33.

Archived