NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pelican & North American DSLR/Tak Epsilon

sharkmelley

The square stars are a typical "feature" of the thick spider vanes that hold the secondary.  It might be possible to reduce the effect slightly during processing.  It affects observatories as well - I've seen some excellent pics from the European Southern Observatory that have similar square stars.

Mark

The square stars are a typical "feature" of the thick spider vanes that hold the secondary.  It might be possible to reduce the effect slightly during processing.  It affects observatories as well - I've seen some excellent pics from the European Southern Observatory that have similar square stars.

Mark

sorry I didn't  know of this feature, I thought it belonged only to Vixen Visac...  :sad:

OK, square stars are a problem but surely this is still a great image. Facts of life.

Who needs a CCD camera? Anyone wanting to go deep with a slower, diffraction spike-free refractor. At least that might be one answer.

But this is a super piece of work with quite a tricky telescope.  :headbang: 

Olly

Archived