Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sadr Still Pink

Earl

I gathered 2Hours of Luminance last night and its still really pink not red yet the RGB is Red.

Image order:

HaRGB | RGB | LRGB

RGB is 2x2 Binned, Im wondering if this is the problem?

post-6688-0-95581500-1407050722_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-92513400-1407050807_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-20009700-1407050865_thumb.jp

This is the LRGB with added Ha, and its still Pink. No matter what I do its pink. So.... Pink it is.

Im chasing my tail, so ill come back when i understand the process better.

Edit: some Halos have crept in too.

post-6688-0-25051700-1407056016_thumb.jp

Hi,

Try and add the Ha to the Red channel ( blend mode Lighten I think ) and then adjust the amount,  not as L. Adding Ha as L does not work for me either.

You can also increase the Red by going Adjustments, Selective colour and choosing red and decrease Cyan to taste. You can mess about with amount of Blue too with altering the Cyan slider. I did a quick alteration as attached. All this is assuming that you use PS for final tweaks.

A.G

post-28808-0-25897300-1407057527.jpg

thanks thats getting more to where i want it to be, which file did you use to do that?

I need to learn PS i do everything bar cropping in PI.

I just copied the picture from the post and pasted it in. I use PI for most of the processing and final tweaks in PS.

A.G

This is another version made from my last post, Copied the layer, made a Mask for the main body of the nebula, applied blur the mask, changed blend mode to soft light and altered the opacity to taste. This way you get saturation without too much noise and the effect can be very subtle.

post-28808-0-36240300-1407058544.jpg

I'd keep away from Ha as Lum. I sometimes add a bit right at the end. Try Ha onto red in blend mode lighten. Ha as lum = pink wth blue haloes in my expreience though I gather this can be diminished. Martin B has a routine.

Then there's the Soft Light trick to intensify and deepen the reds. Viz,

Make 2 copy layers.

Set the top layer to blend mode Soft Light. Don't panic, it's meant to look lioke that!!!

Flatten top onto middle.

Set the upper layer to blend mode colour. 

Blur by about 0.6 pixel.

Flatten.

Repeat to taste.

Olly

I do think that my LRGB is not a million miles away from HaRGB though, its still really pink.

I do prefer the star size on the HaRGB though.

With binned RGB though i have to do a combine of sorts to get the scale right, or am i missing something? will adding the HA just to red (2x2) be an issue as its binned?

If I just get some standard RGB I think it will make my task easier.

To sum up what I want out of the image LOL

The stars are fine bar the halos,(tight due to them been the Ha size, halo cuased by the LRGB i think)  but id like the background nebuloisty to start from a deep blood red and get lighter.

I do think that my LRGB is not a million miles away from HaRGB though, its still really pink.

I do prefer the star size on the HaRGB though.

With binned RGB though i have to do a combine of sorts to get the scale right, or am i missing something? will adding the HA just to red (2x2) be an issue as its binned?

If I just get some standard RGB I think it will make my task easier.

There is a way of transposing the Ha stars onto LRGB to reduce the size of the stars. This involves a very spesific star mask for LRGB and using pixelmath to do the work. I have done a crude version of this while using a masked Stretch and normal histogram but the proper way is burried some where in the PI tutorials. 

A.G

Got my stars sorted

Now just need to work out how to remove the stars so i can play with the nebuloisty.

I might boost the saturation a touch also.

Then drop the stars back on top.

post-6688-0-48531200-1407063878_thumb.jp

Archived