NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Dobsonian 6" mount instruction same as the 8"?

Just got my telescope!! YAY! BUT... I don't know how to assemble it properly

Wasn't sure how to assemble my 6" mount :S I found a video online but it was for the 8" & 10". Would the instructions be the exact same for the 6".

Here is the video I found - 

I find that the wood screw that you use to connect the side board to the front base board too big, and was scared to screw it in, in case i damage it. Maybe i'm just being cautious but would like to get some thoughts on it. 

The assembly instructions will be the same for your 6" as the video :grin: 

Lay out all the parts and familiarize all parts before assembling then follow the video instructions   

Hope this helps  :smiley: .

I find that the wood screw that you use to connect the side board to the front base board too big, and was scared to screw it in, in case i damage it. Maybe i'm just being cautious but would like to get some thoughts on it. 

A few years ago, I assembled the chipboard mount for a SW Dob.  Some of the screws were a very tight fit indeed.  

Just make sure that the correct screw is going into the corresponding hole, you should be ok.  You could rub some soap on the screws to ease the fit, an old carpenters trick. Rub the screw thread across a bar of soap, but don't use the posh stuff from the bathroom  :smiley:

Hope you get first light soon.........Ed.

Archived