Camera projector eyepiece?

IckleImp

Hi all

I have recently purchase a small set of revelation eyepieces one of which is a camera projector eyepiece with a sliding barrel on the outside. Can anyone tell me how this is used?, can you use it as a normal eyepiece to look through?. Sorry for the noob question.

Thank you in advance.

Hi

This is for eyepiece projection.You put an eyepiece in the tube and put the tube in the telescope focuser. You then add a camera on the other end and the image through the eyepiece is projected onto the camera sensor. You cannot do this with all telescopes.

Peter

Sorry I must have confused members in the OP.

I have a set of 5 Revelation Plossl eyepieces one of which is a 32mm and it has camera projection written on it. The outer barrel has a locking screw on it which when loosened allows the outer barrel to move so that the outer element of the eyepiece is either flush with the eyecup or it is down the barrel. It does not have anything to do with either the telescope or the mount

No I understand that but you have to consider the telescope and mount as to whether they are able to accommodate eyepiece projection. A flimsy mount will not take the weight and not all telescopes have enough focus travel to use EP.

Peter 

I think you can unscrew the bit at the very top where the rubber eyecup part is and screw a camera adapter directly to the eyepiece.

So I think aslong as you can gain focus looking trough the eyepiece ur camera should also focus fine.

Thank you rikroe.

I think the question I was trying to ask was. What is the eyepiece used for? and also can use it as a standard 32mm eyepiece for viewing as per my other plossls

Yes it can be used as a normal eyepiece, its quite good as well.

When people take photos with eyepiece projection it's normally holding camera or camera phone to the eyepiece and just taking a photo as you would normally, i think all this does is takes all the messing about trying to get the image in the middle of the camera lens away by been able to screw an adapter to the eyepiece and attaching camera. 

Archived