Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Well, I do have these...

Military surplus binoculars. No make so I am hoping somebody might know from the symbol. From what I have read BAK4 are great lens and each eye piece is adjustable, another plus. The only down side is that they are 8x30's. The other down is the inside is etched with range finder scales. No a real biggie. Any thoughts?

020df0c8139592339d50a471e026006b_zpsd96c

Did that tonight....the moon and Mars in the same view. A small red dot. Saturn was about the same. The rings gave it an odd shape. Hard to see anything else. But the moon was sharp and clear. That is always cool to look at! :)

They should work reasonably well, no idea on the symbol in the centre, BAK4 is the glass that the prisms are made of, not the lens. Never known why BAK4 prisms make them any better, other then being able to quote the glass type there is nothing particularily special about the glass itself.

Does the range finder scale cover lightyears? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Archived