NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

T-Mount and filter problem - ideas?

Can anyone help? I would like to take some DSLR pics thru the the f11 80mm whose focuser is fitted with a direct T-mount screw. Problem is My Neodymium is 2" and that's fine when in the 2" adapter but how can a filter (guessing it would have to be a 1.25") be added to light path?

Is there some piece of kit that allows a filer to be used with this kind of arrangement? I'm trying to avoid using the 1.25 ep adapter with the T-mount, as I want maintain as much aperture as poss at the camera end.

Does this make sense ?

Karlo

Modern Astronomy do a low profile adapter to mount webcams in. Its a male/female T thread thing with a thumbscrew through the side. Take the chrome barrel off an eyepiece, screw the filter in the end and fix the barrel in the adapter. Screw the whole shebang onto the 'scope, then the T mount onto that, then the DSLR on the end.

Its a discontinued Astro Engineering thingy that now has a new source (from my dusty memory at least).

HTH

Kaptain Klevtsov

Archived