Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

F22 - 25

recceranger

I'm scratching my baldy head over my D3000. On manual and no mater what lens I use it's always limiting me to F22 when I use infinity focus or F25 when I open Aperture.

As an example - my standard 18 - 55mm lens will set to F22 on 18mm and F25 at 55mm. Never had this problem and it's only when I'm on manual

I have attached the LCD shot for a reference. I'm bedazzled! Has anyone come across this before and if so what was the fix?

post-23944-0-96221100-1404052571_thumb.j

post-23944-0-78589300-1404052630_thumb.j

post-23944-0-88172400-1404052684_thumb.j

Really suspect it is still in Auto or Program somehow.

There seems a lot on the display for the camera to be in Manual, and nothing saying Manual or "M".

I would have expected you to have set an exposure of more then 10 seconds and to an extent the aperture in Manual is irrelevant.

You would set the exposure time and the ISO, then say Go.

The alternative is that the camera assumes the "worst case" of F/22 and the value is sort of there for the hell of it, and to cause confusion, as in it has no value for aperture so defaults to displaying f/22.

Just checked the Sony I have and I suspect that f/22 is either the default for no data for aperture, or, it is what is set if you rotate the Mode wheel to A and 22 is I suspect the value in that. If it is 22 at the "A" setting I guess it has been that since you got the camera.

I think that in Manual the camera will shoot whatever ISO is set for the defined exposure time as that is all it can do.

In mine to set the Manual options I have to set ISO on the camers but the exposure is set in the "S" mode, the fact that "A" is (presently) f/8 is immaterial the camera could not command the scope to go to f/8. It will therefore assume that the f/8 in "A" is set by me and knows ISO and knows the exposure, with this and the light level sensor it will come to the conclusion that these setting are completely idiotic and warn me, which is what yours is doing.

Archived