Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Beautiful Saturday Sun

Pig

The forecast is looking pretty splendid for today so I am not moving out of the garden apart from the odd trip to the fridge for some form of alcoholic treat  :laugh:

There are 2 excellent areas for prominences this morning, I say prominences because there are several of them grouped together around the 11 & 5 O'clock positions rather than individually placed. As one prominence decreases  another one takes it place. They are pretty large groups and have some tall prominences mixed in. There are also some very fine individual prominences developing at the 12 and 6 O'clock positions. Definitely a Ha day today.

The surface detail is also excellent with lots of simmering granulation, bright plage & swirling moustaches... The sunspots have taken a back seat  for the moment, there are 3 groups to be seen but they are quite small and isolated in comparison to recent events.

Enjoy the day I am off back outside to top my tan up :grin:

Hopefully it will clear for you Michael, it was pretty poor here in the early hours.

There are some great fountain type proms again :smiley: and a huge area of bright plage place just about in the centre the disc, this may send some flares our way later, it is very bright indeed

There is a solar event at the Lunt Roman Fort in Baginton tomorrow, the weather forecast is looking promising so I will be going along with my set up :laugh:

The 5 O'clock prom has moved to around to the 2 O'clock position and boy oh boy what a display it is giving :shocked: There is a very huge arc where 2 of the proms have joined forces, its a fantastic spectacle to say the least.

The proms on the opposite side, about 7 O'clock, are almost as spectacular and is giving the other proms a run for their money, a detachment here is imminent :smiley:

Great Ha day

Archived