Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Focus lock on Antares 80mm Sentinel with WO 10:1 focuser upgrade.

My draw tube is slipping with the weight of the Camera or a heavy 2" diagonal and 2" eyepiece when pointing towards the zenith. The focuser locking screw is fully tightened in and it still slips. Below this there is a another adjustment screw which I believe is a tension adjustment ( see pic below).

3880_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Does anyone know how I can stop this slipping?

Kevin, my WO ZS110 has been slipping constantly recently and I adjusted the tension on mine this morning and seems to be ok even with the 2" diagonal, Hyperion and camera setup hanging off of it(plenty of weight there!). It'll be the small allen key screw that's on top of the focuser wheel spindle (bottom one in the pic).

Tony..

AFAIK and what I did was rack out the drawtube to it's full extension, loosen the outer one and adjust the tension. Then tighten up the outer one and voila. I think the outer one serves as a locking nut for the inner one.

Tony..

Archived