Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sunspot footage. ;)

Tums

Hi All, as it was a bit cloudy here last night, So I decided to leave my Observing until this morning (12/6/14)

I figured it was time to have another go at getting some footage of the Sun. Finally got something, but still figuring out how to use Registax 6, lol.

So this is just the footage ,un-enhanced. As it were. ;)

This is using an Orion Starshoot USB Eyepiece 2 through my Skywatcher 130 P. I bought this camera, really just to try things out, and see how software etc works. Just started really, so I know I have a lot of learning to do, but capturing bits like this keeps me captivated by this superb Hobby.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO USE A SOLAR FILTER, If this little video inspires you to get out in the Sunshine, and get your own images. ;)

How are you getting on with Registax v6? It keeps freezing for me at about 42% done, so I stack with Autostakkert!2 and use Registax v5.1 for wavelets. I was out imaging the Sun yesterday evening, and there's a really nice selection of spots on show.

Are you using a UV/IR block filter on the camera? This will help the sharpness of the image. Also a looks a little over exposed; dropping the exposure a little will help pick up more of the subtle surface detail.

Hi, yes, Registax froze up on my Netbook, so going to try transferring the file to my Desktop. Haven't even looked at any other software, not sure which is best. The original file was taken using the Orion Amcap that came with the camera.

Pretty sure the camera has an in built filter, so think it's down to me sorting settings etc.

as I said only just starting ,so I'll keep practising. :)

Thanks for the comments though. :)

Archived