NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Great views of Mare Imbrium

stevend

The evening is young but I have been amazed with the views I have got so far. I think a late night is coming..;) The Laplace 'mountains' area and Montes Recti showed beautiful detail near the terminator, as did Montes Carpatus and Rima Draper.

The real highlight though was Mons La Hire which had wonderful elongated shadows and seemed to stand alone almost like a monument or folly in Mare Imbrium (I drew a sketch and then used Virtual Moon Atlas to confirm the identity this).

Anyways time to get back out there now, it has been so long since I have had good views and been available, and the evening/night is young. :)

Just been out for a ciggy, pointed out to the wife that mars was close to the moon and a really bright space station come flying across the view. Cracking hobby! Gonna stop be lazy and get the scope out me thinks.

I stayed up until the early hours until the clouds came over.

Even thought the conditions were not at their clearest I still got a lovely session in and got to try out my new 2.5mm and 6mm SLV's on the Moon :smiley:  so a good night all around in the end.

Archived