Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st Mars and Saturn 05/06/14

Thewitty

Nice pics :smiley:  and good to see the planets still have something to offer as they slowly fade.

Where abouts in Soton are you ?  I'm on the west IOW so wondered what your skies are like as your pretty close.

It was about 1 and a half minutes of video stacked with AS!2 but not sure of the frame rate, will check.

I am just up from central station so not far from the water. Last night was clear when I went out at around 22:00. It was still quite light and being so close to the city LP is an issue for me. Last night was the first time in quite a while it has been worth setting up.

Cheers

Brian

Well your so close to some dark sky, the new forest is not too bad I ptahces, but on the south of the island towards the west its very good , especially south.

There are a couple of star parties here each year so if you ever wanted to jump on the ferry, the sky (if clear) is worth it for deep space objects.

Simon

I have just checked and AS!2 was set to stack 100 frames. I set it to 1000 but it didnt make a huge difference to the output image.

Simon - Yeah I plan to go out to the forest in the near future and coming over to the island sounds like a plan as well.

Archived