Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

RS-232 to USB adapter Driver

Hi does anyone know where i can get a Driver for the above. I have an Synscan AZ goto which i bought new beginning of may 2014. I am using Windows 8.1 64 bit. The driver i got with the cable works fine when i updated the firmware on the handset but i am having issues updating the mount firmware. I use the MCFirmware loader and locate the MCF file and select update my laptop gets an error then restarts. someone advised me the Mount Board needs to be 2.0 or higher to be up-datable, i bought it new just a few weeks ago so i assume it has the lasted board. 

Hi Marc,

If the driver you have installed worked for updating the handset then it is a valid driver... you don't need a different one to talk to the mount via the handset.

It sounds more like you have not set something correctly.

Your handset needs to be in PC Direct mode and should be powered from the mount, not with a direct power connection as used when updating the handset.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Sandy. :grin:

make sure the com port numbers match
the cable will need a Com port number then the software needs to be set to pick up that particular Com port
if they are set on different settings it won't work

Thanks for the advice, by the looks of what your saying i seem to be setting it up ok, with the direct mode and com numbers, a bit of a head scratcher as it works a treat updating the handset.,,Thanks again 

Hi Marc,

Are you sure your mount needs a firmware update?... most of the later ones only require the handset update... the latest version being V 3.35.

What mount have you got?

You can check the firmware versions as follows: -

Plug the handset into the mount in the normal setup without the computer connection.

Power up and select the utility function menu > show information > version > enter.

You can then use the scroll keys to display the following: -

H.C Firmware version.

Database version.

H.C Hardware version.

Motor Controller Firmware version.

H.C serial number.

Press escape to exit when done.

Hope this helps.

Keep Happy.

Sandy. :grin:

Archived