Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

clip filter for modded 1100d

Scott

Hi All,

I've just sent my 1100d off for modding, I'm not bothering with the baader filter replacement so I was wondering ???

I currently have an astronomic cls clip filter. is this usable with a modded camera or does it HAVE to be the ccd cls?

better yet, can someone point me toward some reading on modded dslrs + filters

Thanks

there was a thread discussing this subject in the camera or imaging forums a few months back
I remember reading if you have the Baader you use the CLS if you don't have the Baader then its the CLS CCD

*edit found it

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/211129-astronomik-cls-or-cls-ccd-for-my-modded-600d/?hl=%2Bastronomik+%2Bcls+%2Bccd#entry2258064

there was a thread discussing this subject in the camera or imaging forums a few months back

I remember reading if you have the Baader you use the CLS if you don't have the Baader then its the CLS CCD

*edit found it

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/211129-astronomik-cls-or-cls-ccd-for-my-modded-600d/?hl=%2Bastronomik+%2Bcls+%2Bccd#entry2258064

No that is incorrect I am afraid

When the 1100 camera is modded only one of the two filters in these cameras is removed, the other is left as it gives very good IR cut which is needed for imaging, so you only need the normal CLS LP filter and NOT the CCD version as the only difference is the IR cut which you will already have.

You only need the CCD version if you are having a full spectrum mod and removing both the filters in these camera, which I doubt you are doing, so the filter you have is the correct one.

Both the filters fitted in these cameras cut IR but the front one is very harsh and also cuts the useable Ha light, hence that is why it is removed.

MM

Yes MM, I'm only having the rear filter removed. I guess giving what I've got a try will soon tell me if it's any good or not :)

I have the 1000D which is almost identical to the 1100, I only have the standard CLS LP filter, and it works perfectly, you are paying around £30 more for the other filter, and just getting IR cut extra because it is neede for digital imaging, some may disagree with me, but a CCD filter is only to be used on CCD camera because they have no internal IR filters Infront of the chip.

Use what you have got and you will be more than happy I assure you

Cheers

MM

Archived