Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Re: Starlight Instruments Feathertouch Focuser for C9.25

Quick one, just fitted the above (CPC925 version) to my OTA to replace the stock Celestron focuser. Can anyone tell me what the provided spacer ring is for as there is no mention of it in the instructions. I assume it is not used but just checking. Thanks.

Yes I did read the cd, there is no washer, there is a large metal spacer (is called a spacer in the parts list) but is not mentioned in the instructions so was just curious.

Sent from my iPad

I can only assume the spacer is to extend the focuser out from the scope a bit further as the 3 holes line up with the mounting holes, but odd that it is not mentioned when it comes into play.

Sent from my iPad

Just had email back from Wayne at Starlight, and the spacer should be fitted/sandwiched between the focuser base and the scope rear panel. I suggested he should include it in the instructions to avoid confusion.

Sent from my iPad

Archived