Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Scopes 'n' Skies Credit where its due

Jamie

Some background info...

I have been involved in a "Solar scope project for the last couple of months.

With the help and advice of people like Steve (FLO), Brian (SolarB) and Arthur (Ambermile) i was able to go in the right direction

as to exactly what i wanted and and needed to do to accomplish my goal, which was to have an 80mm HA solar scope.

I was advised to order the necessary AstroEngineering ERF (Energy Rejection Filter) from Scopes n Skies.

I had a few lengthy conversations with James from SnS mostly getting the measurements correct for the custom made cell that the ERF was to be housed in (very important) and a quite lengthy health and safety advice session

from him too. (i am sure that if i hadn't agreed to be so careful with what i was trying to achieve James wasn't going to sell me anything)

James phoned me on a number of occasions to confirm and amend any of the few changes we made to the design.

All this has taken a couple of months to get just right and yesterday i gave him a call to find out just how things were progressing.

"Its all ready to go" was his reply :sunny:. Then his next comment was "there is just the matter of payment from you and delivery from me".

I duly did my bit and payed over the phone.

James also did his bit and had the cell delivered to me this afternoon 20hrs later :shock:. (looks a fantastic bit of kit)

I have never had a dealer that i didn't already know take so much time with me or freely hand out so much

good sound advice as what James has done with me over the last couple of months.

So that just leaves me to say a big thanks to James and Scopes 'n' Skies for what i would call a great custom made product and fantastic customer service to boot...... 8)

That makes two of us then Jamie :D

I dealt with James at SnS, and Robert Dalby (Astro Engineering) a few weeks ago, with a non-standard request.

They couldn't have been more helpful, and my request was met and dealt with very promptly indeed.

Excellent customer service indeed.

Dave

Archived