Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Next step in imaging Saturn using a small refractor

Thanks to the excellent advice given to me on this Forum, I’m having great fun trying to image Saturn with my 102mm refractor and Nikon D90. My first attempt was a result of stacking photos, and then try #2 was using eyepiece projection at 8mm to record a video that I edited in PIPP, Registax, and Photoshop to produce a much brighter picture.

I’m observing from a city and so the light pollution is horrendous and seeing has been awful, so I’m happy with these results so far. I wonder, can anyone suggest what the next technique to try should be? Should I be delving into dark frames and the like? I'd rather not shell out more cash on equipment until I'm getting the most from what I have. Any tips gratefully received.

I’d also be very interested to see results obtained by other people using similar equipment.

Thanks for your time,

-          Lee

post-37018-0-36277800-1401191179.jpg

post-37018-0-13951900-1401191198.jpg

Archived