Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Setting Things Up

I am working with a Celestron NexStar 6se and a Nikon D3200.  I have seen posts about people using barlow lenses and what not, when using their cameras on their scopes.

I have a Nikon T-Ring, a T-Adapter, along with a Reducer/Corrector Lens.  I have no problem getting all that stuff connected and attaching the camera to the scope.  My problem comes with attaching any of my lenses.  I have the Celestron 1.25" eyepiece and filter kit.

Am I missing something on how to attach the Barlow lens or do I need different lenses, since the T-Adapter has a bigger diameter?

Thanks.

Barlows are generally used for planetary imaging with DSLR's, reducers / correctors are normally used for DSO's
normally mounted to the Barlow with a nose piece or some Barlows are threaded to go onto a camera T ring

Right, I get all that, but how does the Barlow attach to the t-adapter/t-ring/camera?  The Barlow is much small in diameter than the any of those pieces.  I'm assuming I need a Barlow with a bigger diameter, but want to make sure I'm not missing something, as far as setup goes, before I go spend more money.

This is what I'm working with:

Thanks.

looks like you've got a 2" t-adaptor and a 1.25" barlow there.  You can get a 1.25" t-adaptor like this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Celestron-T-Adapter-Universal-1-1-4/dp/B0000665V6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400782093&sr=1-1&keywords=t+adaptor) which will screw on to your t-ring and fit in the end of your barlow.

You can also get 2" barlows instead, but they're not cheap.

I love using my Televue 2x or 5x Powermate and the T-ring adapter add on. It eliminates a lot of funky wobbly adaptors and is nice and secure using a 1.25 twistlock. Not sure if they make a Nikon one or not. Check it.

Archived