Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 from the middle of town

Kirscovitch

Clear skies again last night so out early to get setup. Wanted to make sure I got everything as perfect as possible. Spent 10 minutes just making sure the tripod was level as possible. Spent another 10 just on getting the scope balanced. Sun finally went down and made sure I took my time doing the 2 star alignment and ASPA. Powered down and did the whole routine again. At the end of the 2nd round of ASPA HC read zero's across the board. Powered down again and did the 2 star align and then added the 4 calibration stars. Slewed to Arcturus for focus then on to M13. It was not quite centered but pretty close. So I started taking sample shots. Started at 30 seconds, then 45, then 60. Was amazed that there was no sign of trailing. Ended up being able to get 190 second subs. I was pretty pleased with that. Longest I have been able to get so far and not bad for unguided.

Anyway I'll stop rambling. My 2nd attempt at M13. 25x190 and 5 darks. No flats or bias. 

M13GreatClusterinHercules-1.jpg

I should have dropped back the exposure length but it was neat getting over 3 min. I am thinking too that since I'm using a newt and no coma corrector, that's why the stars are egging. Stars toward the center seem to be ok. 

Archived