NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

APT comms error

Dave_D

Spent the past two hours wasting my observing time trying to get my camera to connect to APT which keeps throwing a comms error. The canon utils connects to the camera without any problem so the cables and camera are ok. Anyone else had this or know of a fix. I'm currently reimaging my harddrive as this usually sorts it, but it's a major PITA. This isn't the first time this has happened...

Reinstalling APT makes no difference.

/annoyed

Have you tried it all when it isn't dark and the skies are "open"? I.e. Did you have it all working and tested and now it's stopped working or is this a new problem? Changed hardware or software?

Are you sure the Canon utils doesn't have capture of your camera and blocking APT. Assuming the 1100D in your sig?

It was all working a couple of days ago. No changes to the computer.

I just reimaged my harddrive to the default installation with everything installed and working but it was still gi ing the comms error.

I got annoyed and deleted everything off the camera SD card and now it connects (no idea why i did that btw) without issue. Something for the devs to look in to. Possibly some sort of read error that APT has a dicky-fit with?

I had similar issues. I could do a run of imaging without any problem, then it would decide to lose connection. http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/215791-canon-1100d-loses-connection-how-are-you-connecting/ I posted this up a short while ago and (gently) followed Louise's advice of very slightly opening up the small end of the lead that goes into the camera for a tighter fit. Haven't done a run of imaging since then but have tested and seems better.

Hope that helps

I had similar issues. I could do a run of imaging without any problem, then it would decide to lose connection. http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/215791-canon-1100d-loses-connection-how-are-you-connecting/ I posted this up a short while ago and (gently) followed Louise's advice of very slightly opening up the small end of the lead that goes into the camera for a tighter fit. Haven't done a run of imaging since then but have tested and seems better.

Hope that helps

yeah did that a while ago. it's not the connection as the canon utils shouldn't connect either, but it did. 

I think i'll just empty the SD card before each session, that seemed to sort it.

You should ping Yoddha, he is the author of the software, as is pretty good at helping to trouble shoot.

http://stargazerslounge.com/user/3188-yoddha/

yeah spoke to him a few times about  APT, I want to try to recreate the problem first though to get a better idea of what's going on. It may well be an issue with my camera as (as i mentioned earlier) clearing the SD card stopped the error for at least that one time i tried it. if it is a camera issue, i doubt there's much Yoddha could do so no point dropping an intermittent issue on him without further testing.

Archived