Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Losmandy G11 tracking performance

ChrisLX200

I had my old G11 apart a week ago because it wasn't tracking/guiding too well, some large PE and frequent 4 arcsec spikes. So I stripped, re-adjusted the worm engagement and lubed everything, and last night was the first test. A significant improvement I think - tracking mostly within 0.5 arcsec (PHD2 was correctly set with the guidescope parameters so the graphs show the results in arc sec)

IMG_0338_zpse5cce8ea.jpg

I thought it was pretty good for what is now a 15yr -old mount, supposedly out-classed by modern alternatives. It does make me wonder whether I should invest a large wad of cash in a new one. I was imaging @1.44 arcsec/pix.

ChrisH

I had my old G11 apart a week ago because it wasn't tracking/guiding too well, some large PE and frequent 4 arcsec spikes. So I stripped, re-adjusted the worm engagement and lubed everything, and last night was the first test. A significant improvement I think - tracking mostly within 0.5 arcsec (PHD2 was correctly set with the guidescope parameters so the graphs show the results in arc sec)

IMG_0338_zpse5cce8ea.jpg

I thought it was pretty good for what is now a 15yr -old mount, supposedly out-classed by modern alternatives. It does make me wonder whether I should invest a large wad of cash in a new one. I was imaging @1.44 arcsec/pix.

ChrisH

Save your money Chris, there is nothing wrong with the guiding or your mount.

A.G

Archived