Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help Please Meade LX200R GPS and AutoStar II

I am located in North Staffordshire England.
I Have my LX200R GPS scope permanently wedge mounted in my Pulsar Observatory.
For a few weeks I have had a problem that the GPS fix is taking in excess of 10 minutes .
I read a message on a forum advising that the 2032 battery needed changing.
So I dismounted The scope and fitted a new battery. reassembled the scope to the wedge.
Powered up all went well GPS fix in two minutes and away I went observing, At the end of the sesion I parked and powered down.
I returned to the Scope the next night, switch on the power The AutoStar II handset lit up but nothing displayed just the back light illuminated in the handset.
An anyone advise how to get up and running again please.

Mattifor

Bad luck Mattifor

I see you've been on the LX200GPS forum.
Although it all worked after reassembly, it sounds like a connector inside the telescope has been disturbed and is "on edge".
So retrace your steps and make sure all the connectors you can reach are fully inserted.
Test it out before putting back on the pier!
There's a virtual handset in Autostar Suite you can download from Meade.
Connect your computer to the RS232 port on the telescope and as they said, it will indicate whether the computer in the telescope is okay, and if the handset if faulty.
Oh, and before any of the above, if you disconnect your handset after parking, check out the RJ11 plugs and sockets.

Michael

Archived