Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn in view!

Sam Baker

So just before I was going to zombie walk to bed last night I just had a quick look outside, I got my second wind, eyes wide open, the clear skies and saturn in view woke me up and got my blood racing round my body so I dragged my SW 200p and EQ5 mount out into the yard and got a nice view so I get myself ready to image the amazing planet with my canon 600d and for some reason I could see saturn through the viewfinder but it wasn't appearing on the liveview screen - any help with this would be appreciated because im currently unsure why. I was trying to take a video but it just wasn't playing ball at all. Then as I was faffing about to see what was wrong the clouds came and whisked saturn away and I knew I had lost my chance so I wrapped up and straight to bed. That's the third time this has happened and it's very frustrating!

Any help in regards to why the image weren't coming up in my liveview would be appreciated greatly. Thanks alot

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ok you have the same setup as me,
most likely you will have to change the ISO or other setting on the camera to see it in live view
the view finder has no setting so as long as you can see the object it will be there in the view finder

I don't use the video mode I normally use manual mode then use BYEOS in planetary mode and x5
I also use a 2x Barlow on the camera without this Saturn will be really small on the screen

did you use the zoom mode when you tried

I didn't use zoom last night. I had my camera attached to my 13mm eyepiece. I haven't used BYEOS but im considering getting it. Is it a really good programme to use? I had my camera on the setting which takes 50 frames per second.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

its possible you were out of focus if you were using an eye piece

I suggest downloading BYEOS as a trial version
use the planetary mode and x5 once you get focus then try 1600 ISO then play about with the shutter speed  Start low Say 1/25th then change it till you get a sharp image
not too bright or dim
there is also APT (google will find it easy)
but I find capturing via software far easier than using the camera on its own

Archived