NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PECPrep what does it all mean

Ewan

Hi everyone,

I tried out EQMod in doors tonight as it was cloudy, connected using the Direct to PC option on the AZEQ6 & a usb to serial adapter to the HC, worked fine so far. As i was inside i didn't polar align, the scope started in the Home position.

I must admit i didn't go through all the instructions first off.

I selected the PE option & set the rate to Sidereal, EQMod was taking readings upto 2300+ then i save that file (this is the PE evident in the mount i assume ?) it then went on to apply corrections to the PE's, when each of these processes completed i saved the files which i have put below.

It looks like the corrections made have improved things, can anyone tell me how good / bad the mount was doing before & after ?

PE Detection

post-11075-0-08692000-1398725981_thumb.j

With Corrections applied

post-11075-0-35452000-1398725987_thumb.j

You can't do PE recording indoors. For the autopec function you need to be guiding on a star. Alternatively you can import an unguided log from a guiding app such as phd -but that guiding app would need to be tracking the unguided motion of the guide star.

Time to read the manuals I would suggest. EQMOD VS-PEC has its own dedicated guide as does PECPrep.

Chris.

I will read the manuals then & make sure i get this right.

I tried PEC training with my mount & PHD while it guided on a star & wanted to see if EQMod would do better / easier, also i wanted to see if i could use your software only using a usb - serial adapter & not the EQDir hardware, it seemed to work very well btw.

So it's the same setup as my mount doing the PEC training but i use EQMod instead.

I understand there are some tutorial video's as well which ill also take a look at.

Sorry wasting your time Chris but that will teach me to read the manual first :rolleyes: & hopefully i will have some good results to post back.

Archived