NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Has anyone used this power pack.. from Maplin.

@Cornelius Varley that is a decent amount of time for myself as a newbie I should be able to do some AP in that time? anyone correct me if I'm wrong.. 
@brantuk haha I love it, cup of tea it is on! - so gutted i am working tonight so not even had a chance to take the mount outside! but il be getting this all done after work.. early hours and hopefully its all good. 

@Davey-T I will keep this in mind mate, when I was looking for a battery I wanted one asap and only place I knew where to get one was maplin and Halfords.. I didn't fancy spending £80 on a leisure battery.. I'm terrible sometimes tbh no patients. I'l see how this battery sticks out iv'e been told can last potentially unto six/seven hours.. which is fine for me as a newbie, I've got 20day's to return it. I do like how I can carry it so easily so I like your thinking maybe do that when my battery breaks down on me or find a decent light sized leisure battery. I wish I could just get one down the road from me lol.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Power the mount up and leave it running for 1 hour, if the mount is ok it will have rotated in the RA axis 15 degrees. I think we have established that is no increase in the tracking rate when the directional keys are pressed at max slew rate or any noticeable increase in the speed of the motors either. This would suggest a problem with the Syntrek  handset.  You can power the mount from the cigarette socket in your car, just don't leave it overnight because you won't be able to start your car in the morning.

Archived