Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Polar Scope calibration fail!

As I've gathered over the past few weeks since owning my HEQ5 Pro, the polar scope alignment can be a bit of a hassle. I decided to give it a bash at my end - Align the reticule and calibrate the clocks. Well.... for all that Astro Baby's page is incredibly helpful, I don't think it's humanly possible to dumb it down any further to my level. I mean, i just can't grasp it. I feel like i'm in A2 maths all over again - Sat at the back of the classroom twiddling my thumbs while everyone else is getting it.

I've got the reticule aligned but I just can't figure out the clocks. I can follow Astro Baby's tutorial up to about half way through the calibration stage, at which point i reach my "human intelliwave background"... I can't get past it. I guess this is more of a rant, a stream of agitated consciousness than a question, but hey, if anybody is smart enough to figure out how i can be so thick about this, please point me in the right direction!

P.S, i was supposed to be getting a hair cut thursday but i don't need one any more... I've pulled it all out.

Archived