Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dual Mounting Starsense Camera & RACI Finder to Nexstar 6SE

Does anyone know how I can dual mount an RACI finderscope and Celestron Starsense camera to a Nexstar 6SE. I'm starting get into astrophotography and have been using my Nexstar 6SE with an orion starshooter webcam, x2.5 powermate. I'm hoping to upgrade the camera soon (currently looking at the ZWO 120MC) but in the meantime I would like to be able to quickly centre planetary objects. At the moment I have to keep switching out the camera with an eyepeice which means refocusing plus doesn't always work first time. If I'm lucky I get an hour at most so everything needs to be as quick as possible ! Would appreciate some advice.

thanks,

• 9 months later...

I didn't like the bulk of the Orion dual-mount thing, so I designed my own.

Works really remarkably well.

Celestron could manufacture them, call It the 'Martyn Johnston 6SE Adapter' and send me a designer's fee !

It's detailed here http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/484985-dual-mounting-on-nexstart-6se/page-2

(don't now if 'StargazersLounge' like me using 'CloudyNights' as well !?)

Archived