NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pictures of your imager trains please

radioactive

I am so new to this imaging mularky that I fear I shall get sniggered at here but for what its worth here is how I have set the first train up I am going to add a WO or similar focuser in there as well when I get one to assist with the learning curve

from the SCT visual back and a reducer 1 1/2" the nose piece of the filter wheel containing an IR blocker then a 0.5 Atik focal reducer then the actual filter wheel is charged up with True tech LRGB filters leaving one spare place in the wheel then the camera is an Atik16 IC Mono

So I have showed you mine lets see yours and maybe a brief explanation to accompany it if you can

Does that actually work Martyn? Seems like a lot of distance from focal reducer to camera to me so I've never tried it. Also if you use a light pollution filter for the luminance frames you should find that you don't have to refocus when you go to the RGB frames. Well not as much anyway. The ideal would be to use a matched L filter with the RGB set to eliminate refocusing. The refocusing might also ruin the alignment of the L frame with the RGB frames and will certainly mess with your flats if you use them.

Will snap some of my setups over the weekend.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Does that actually work Martyn? Seems like a lot of distance from focal reducer to camera to me so I've never tried it. Also if you use a light pollution filter for the luminance frames you should find that you don't have to refocus when you go to the RGB frames. Well not as much anyway. The ideal would be to use a matched L filter with the RGB set to eliminate refocusing. The refocusing might also ruin the alignment of the L frame with the RGB frames and will certainly mess with your flats if you use them.

Will snap some of my setups over the weekend.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Hi KK being a total newbie at this I did not get a focus on it two nights back (first try at it ever)before the clouds rolled so at dusk last night I used it on the 80mm after using a hartman that I have for the 80 not got one for the c11 yet I also took the focal reducer out of it to run it at f6 and to see if I could achieve a focus like that but never got chance to try it as it clouded thickly whilst firing up the puters and stll dead thick cloud 4 hours later I gave up but yeh I have been notified that the focal reducer would be too far from the chip for it to work I have to work out what fittings / adaptors I need to remedy this doing my head no good at this but I gotta do it cos it aint gonna win stiff upper lip stuff :D

any ideas gratefully accepted

Archived