Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sunday Morning Sun

Pig

If you tune your etalon way past the centre band into the red or blue wing, you can view in virtual white light. Just tune the etalon until the surface detail dissapears and just leaves the spots. The biggest difference is that your view will be red, but the spots stand out just the same.

This is also a very good way of getting your focus spot on ( forgive the pun totally unintended) I still feel the Herschel wedge gives better detail even when performing this action as you don't get to see the "eyelash effect " like you do with the wedge. However it is probably the best alternative. :smiley:  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Shaun,

Your dual scope setup looks great. Could you please explain it little more about it? What type of accessory is used to hold the two scopes, what type of mount are you using etc.? Thanks.

Take care,

Jake

I agree Shaun, you probably won't get the same amount of detail, but for a quick comparison of how the spots look as opposed to Ha, with a one scope setup it works. White light with a wedge is better if you have one, or film if you don't.

I agree Shaun, you probably won't get the same amount of detail, but for a quick comparison of how the spots look as opposed to Ha, with a one scope setup it works. White light with a wedge is better if you have one, or film if you don't.

Yes, couldn't agree more :smiley:

Hi Shaun,

Your dual scope setup looks great. Could you please explain it little more about it? What type of accessory is used to hold the two scopes, what type of mount are you using etc.? Thanks.

Take care,

Jake

The mount is an standard Skywatcher AZ4 and it comes with an "L shaped bracket that I modified to enable my 2 scopes to sit side by side.

post-27910-0-80485800-1397452817.jpg

I made the base of the bracket myself by copying the profile of the shorter base that comes with the mount.

There is also a dowel inserted to give the extra support due to the extra length

Archived