Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advice on new kit

Trying to order new Celestron C6-SGT from FLO as this seems to be the scope that suits most of my needs,- is on special offer within price range, GOTO,Great sturdy mount, and will be suitable for future purchase of ED 80 Scope, suitable for photography, upgradeable software,portable, and will last for years. Does anyone know the shop opening hours? as unable to find anywhere on web. After spending hours and hours and hours!!!  researching scopes want to get order in ASAP before sold out.

Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on equipment purchased. Ordered SW Skymax 150 PRO with EQ5 mount on Wednesday arrived today Friday 9th May. Well packaged and very impressed with the quality of the gear. The EQ5 mount is a sturdy piece of equipment bigger and heavier, than I thought, although still portable, and should last for years. The OTA looks great. Have aligned finder scope, balanced scope and marked all controls/ locks with Dyno tape so I can learn names without the need to keep looking at instruction book. Still have to master the dials!! Would recommend FLO for price/ speed of delivery and quality of packaging. Hope the sky clears tonight. Looking good at time of writing this.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised that I have been able to get clear skies on three occasions since purchasing setup. Seeing Jupiter and 4 moons for the first time- brilliant.  Even stayed up until Saturn cleared the roof of the house next door about 0200 hrs one night - seeing Saturn for the first time was truly awe inspiring, no words can describe the excitement.  To think it has been up there all this time and this is the first time I have viewed the rings instead of only looking at bright light in the sky. Wish I had started sooner, but onwards and upwards as other thing to see further away, and further back in time. 

Ah now we know the reason for the clouds and rain!!..pity the sky is light for so long just now but come sept/oct you can put your scope to some good use..although the moon is pretty good..and Mars..Saturn...och heck everything..there are some good places to go with the scope up our way..try Loudonhill if you get a chance

Travel alot during work and have been keeping my eyes open for places around Abington area, which look good. can you recommend other places that would be suitable?

Archived