NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

More AP Questions

MND

I know, I know, I'm all questions. Hope it doesn't wear thin anytime soon!

I'm keen to get going with some AP and want to start off easy utilising what I have if I can.

Would I be able to use a DSLR with my C9.25 to take some planet/moon shots on the CG5 unguided? I know it won't be great but I just want to get going and can't for the life of me decide what to buy or which way to go.

I was thinking along the lines of either a Canon 600D from Cheap Astro, attached to the C9.25 or something like;

http://www.digitalrev.com/product/canon-eos-600d-18-55ii/MTAwMjIxMQ_A_A

and use the 55-250mm lens piggyback on top of the C9.25

I'm hoping that this would be an easy way in rather than buying a whole new shooting match with CCD, scope, mount, laptop, guider etc etc. I know I'll probably go down that route eventually, slippery slope and all that.

TIA

Guiding would help and if you use the finder scope just a case of a CCD, i use a Lodestar but there are good types that are cheaper, my 600D came from cheap astro, you won't go wrong there......I assume your mount is a EQ type with some motors.......

I know, I know, I'm all questions. Hope it doesn't wear thin anytime soon!

I'm keen to get going with some AP and want to start off easy utilising what I have if I can.

Would I be able to use a DSLR with my C9.25 to take some planet/moon shots on the CG5 unguided? I know it won't be great but I just want to get going and can't for the life of me decide what to buy or which way to go.

I was thinking along the lines of either a Canon 600D from Cheap Astro, attached to the C9.25 or something like;

http://www.digitalrev.com/product/canon-eos-600d-18-55ii/MTAwMjIxMQ_A_A

and use the 55-250mm lens piggyback on top of the C9.25

I'm hoping that this would be an easy way in rather than buying a whole new shooting match with CCD, scope, mount, laptop, guider etc etc. I know I'll probably go down that route eventually, slippery slope and all that.

TIA

I have just tried this. I have a 60D on my SCT 9.25. You don't need guiding just tracking. Jupiter's rotation is so fast you have to use less than 2 minutes of video. So, I use movie crop mode, EP projection through a 25mm and take 6000 frames. Prepare in PIPP and stack in Registax. You can use a 600D but it doesn't have true crop mode so use Backyard EOS instead and film in 5x mode to get your image scale. First ever image below.

y2usuby9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived