NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M51 From last May, DSLR, a Reprocess

lensman57

Hi,

Yet again the weather in sunny Manchester is not playing ball. I dug up two sets of data from 23rd and 25th of May last year that were shot using a Baader modded Canon 1000d, either an SW ED 80 or more likely an Altair ED 80 ( can't be sure but looking at the halos around the stars it was probably the Altair ) using my then EQ5 Pro. Neither of the data set was good enough to produce anything worth talking about at the time but I decided to throw the whole lot,  35X 300s into the batch processing of the PI along with the corresponding calibration frames and see what happens. To be honest I am quite surprised at how reasonably  well the stack turned out. It is still very noisy and it took me a while to process the satck in PI but as a whole it is not too bad considering that I had only been imaging for about 3 months back then.

A.G

post-28808-0-87286200-1396749380_thumb.p

Thats come out quite well, at least bad weather gives us a chance on the processing side.

Although in my case I have'nt got much to process. :grin:

Manchester is not the only place the weather won't play ball.

Although I have done some imaging this year it's always been ruined by some sort of cloud.

Thats come out quite well, at least bad weather gives us a chance on the processing side.

Although in my case I have'nt got much to process. :grin:

Manchester is not the only place the weather won't play ball.

Although I have done some imaging this year it's always been ruined by some sort of cloud.

Thank you, this lack of imaging is giving me the blues, next month with the shorter nights it would be difficult to get anything worthwhile with just two or three hours of dark nights on the way.

A.G

Archived