Celestron nexstar 130 slt camera? ?

Hi everyone

Im just wondering if there is a camera I could fit to my telescope, I've never tried anything like this before but like to give new things ago.

Ps

anyone thinking about getting new eyepieces then I highly recommend the xcel xl set, I have just bought myself a set as I just wondered how much of a difference a eyepiece can make and I have to say its made my scope so much better I cant beleive it, its like owning a different scope, completely different.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

A webcam such as an Xbox 360 or a ms lifecam or Philips spc900 is a good start for planetary / lunar imaging, there are also more expensive dedicated lunar/planetary imaging cameras. You can also attach a DSLR body to the focuser to do some DSO imaging. You will be limited to a maximum exposure of about 30 seconds due to the limitations of the az mount.

A webcam such as an Xbox 360 or a ms lifecam or Philips spc900 is a good start for planetary / lunar imaging, there are also more expensive dedicated lunar/planetary imaging cameras. You can also attach a DSLR body to the focuser to do some DSO imaging. You will be limited to a maximum exposure of about 30 seconds due to the limitations of the as mount.

Do you happen to know if the neximage 5 are any good as I have seen one for £180 and heard some fairly decent reviews, there are a few bad ones moaning about alot of dead pixels but they replaced the camera.

No it was actually my local scope shop but I've just been on their website and they also now have it for 169, good job I didn't buy it already, thanks for the info thou, I've never been on that website before. I shall be revisiting frequently :-)

Archived