NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Alternative to Bob's Knobs

Dreadz

Does anyone have a link to or know what size (gauge, thread etc) thumbscrews are needed to replace the secondary hex screws on a skyliner dob please. Want to replace mine but £20 for Bob's Knobs seems a bit steep seeing as the same screws will probably only cost £1 each from a fastner supplier!

I know someone posted a link on here before but can't for the life of me find it!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I know Bob seems expensive but in his defence, there are two points.  1, He is a true gent of the industry, when I asked for replacements for my OO UK 10" Europa he had never heard of it and asked for the bolt size and made me the knobs for free in return for a photo of the knobs in place, now that is a good deal. and 2, It is not only the thread size Bob takes into consideration it is the head size for the particular secondary cell you have, so that the heads do not restrict each other when you are trying to adjust each of them.

Personally I think it is good value.

Archived