SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Texas

mitchmitchell

Hello mate, can you verify something for me, I've been reading that a dr Kaplan from Texas has been using the McDonald telescope and has been tracking a planet heading towards earth and hitting us in august, what is your input on this.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mitch, welcome to the forum.  Funny story about a trip I made to America.  I'd booked a table in a restaurant and when I turned up, I was greeted by a waiter who asked me my name.  As is the custom in the UK (I live in Scotland), I said Mitchell (my surname) and he said "Good evening Mitchell and welcome to our restaurant".  My fellow countrymen laughed heartily at the waiter's presumption that my given/christian/fore name was Mitchell, whilst our waiter was somewhat bewildered until I explained he'd just called me by my surname!

Anyway, the great thing about this forum is that the members are from all over the world and our common interest in Astronomy transcends the national boundaries and cultural differences that exist between us (in fact, we can completely ignore them and just treat everyone as truly equal).

You will find a wealth of information on here and be able to get extremely well qualified advice and give advice too, both of which will enhance your enjoyment of the hobby.

I look forward to reading your future posts :smiley:

Archived