Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

transporting equipment

Hi

I would like to obtain some sort of carrying case(s) to transport my telescope and mount- basically from house to car and then from car to suitable observing spot.

I have a Celestron avx mount with the Celestron 8inch Newtonian.  The scope container would need to be about 100cm long and the container for the mount/tripod about 120cm with the mount removed from the tripod.

It did occur to me to research the Internet for some long bags, a bit like a cricketer's bag only bigger.

I just wondered what other people use as a means of safely moving their equipment around and any good suppliers.

Thanks

Chris

A couple of these might work well and wouldn't cost the earth: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Golfers-Club-Padded-Travel-Cover/dp/B001RTTCFM

You can also buy hard cases for golf clubs that would be even better but much more expensive.

From the research I have done previously you can expect to pay a small fortune for any case that is specifically designed for telescopes.

Archived