Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LX90 GPS

A simple question, I've just treated myself to a major upgrade and bought a 10" LX90, now as this has GPS and it's smart enough to figure out where and when it is, it seems quite reasonable for it to share this information with me...

I fully expected to see a read out of some sort that told me, after going through the alignment routine, where my 'scope thinks it is, surely it must know this to be able to do all the fancy "GOTO" stuff? :D

I haven't had much time to check it out yet, but if it has got the location wrong it won't be tracking accurately, I have gone through the training routine and it seems to track reasonably well, but it is a long way off the alignment stars it chooses during the alignment routine at start up.

Any advice, comments or general tips greatfully received.

Hi. AB.

Is the scope in equatorial mode or alt az. If it is operating in Altazimuth, then that mode has to be selected, If it is on an equatorial wedge, then Equatorial has to be chosen Have you set the daylight saving to yes.

There are a number of reasons your alignment could be awry.

I have an LX90 too, I bought a GPS Handheld Legend, and a GPSMATE interface. When I plug in, it takes a while to locate the satellites, before the data is transferred to the scope. There is an LED which indicates when the data has been accepted.

I appreciate that your system will be different of course.

There are a few guys with the LX scopes on SGL so perhaps more help will come in for you.

Ron. :D

When I set my LX90 GPS on alt/azi to set itself up, I always have to slew the scope to both the set up stars.

Once that is done it works reasonably well, you can see the star you want in the finder and as long as your finder is aligned with the scope well you can then get the star in the main scope.

I find it is much the same in polar mode.

Yours Roy

Archived